Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Journal your Christmas 2011 Day 1

Over the last few days I have been hard at work preparing for JYC. I wanted to do something different this year, so found an old watch box and painted it turquoise. I have cut little cards which will fit into the box and each day will have one page with a photo opposite. I have yet to decorate the box, that will probably happen this weekend! The pages are really tiny and I am hoping that this will mean I can keep up.



Today Shimelle had something really different from last year for us. Well, as far as I remember anyway. This was in the form of a little printable card to fill in. I have printed it out and then stuck it onto one of the pages. This will probably be my title page unless inspiration strikes later.


And then of course, the manifesto for day 1. This picture shows just how small the page is, since the number is about an inch high! I have decided that as much as possible I will use the numbers from my advent swap parcels to number my pages. That just means that I wont throw away the participants hard work. This one was part of a tag that was bigger than the page, so I just took the tree off :-) The scan makes the picture look a bit redder than it actually is.



5 comments:

  1. I really like this idea, looking forward to see how your box comes along

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought of a watch box. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I've added my little card as a first page as well. Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to JYC...I have just totally changed my plan!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete