I haven't done this meme for a while, I did it for a few weeks on my other blog, but then life got in the way. Today I happened to see it on another blog and thought I would give it a go.
Welcome to Five Question Friday!!
Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! Remember, the most important rule of all is to HAVE FUN!
1. Have you ever had surgery?
I have had my wisdom teeth out when I was 16, and tonsils out when I was 19. I also had a lump removed from my back (not cancerous) when I was about 20. Otherwise, no major surgery and the few stitches after the lump are the only stitches I have ever had.
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Nope, although I have been in one a few times. I used to work above an ambulance base and the guys would take my daughter in to show her around.
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
Being a nurse, I am fairly calm, in fact sometimes too calm. Also, being a nurse I am quite hard, so it is a case of "oh, are you breathing?" "are you bleeding?" no? ok, off you go. When Brenda was younger she would never come to me if she hurt herself she would go to my mum! If friends hurt themselves when at our house, she would also take them to my mum and tell them: "Dont tell mommy she will poke you or squeeze you!" With reference to the time I drained an abscess on her finger with my mothers sewing needle, well cleaned of course!
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies? We do have a garden, with poorly tended flowers. I have tried desperately to have a vegetable garden, but unfortunately these little
5. When did you move out of your parents house? Moved out at 18, went abroad at 24, moved back in at 26 after my ex left and have never left. It is just so convenient to live on the same property as them especially since I was working shifts and would have had no one to look after Brenda. Now, they are getting old and so it helps them to have me around.
Ok, so those are my five questions answered, this is a really fun meme to take part in. Why don't you pop over to my little life, and have a look.