Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grrrr.............

We have an old avocado tree in our garden. It has been there for the last 30 years at least. For about 5 years now we have not had any avocados and not even seen any in the tree. Anyway today Brenda spotted a few in the tree, so she went out and picked some. Unfortunately, when I got home after work I discovered the whole kitchen in a mess and discovered one avocado on the floor in the kitchen with a bite taken out of it. Which means that these little b****ers had made us a visit! They are really cute, but I wish they would stay out of the house. Anybody want a new pet? I have about 30 to send you.

9 comments:

  1. I had to click on your profile and see where do you live :) The little trouble maker looks really cute, but I don't think I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely wouldn't be a mundane occurrence in my house!

    Fiona:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you certainly live in a different world than I do! Raccoons are our biggest problem around here. They ransack the garbage on trash day and have been known to enter houses through doggy doors.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wouldn't be mundane in my house either....squirrels are about the worst pests we get....and as we have dogs.....they definately don't enter the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so different from where I live! (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada) They are cute, but I sure wouldn't want them in the house either. We get the odd mouse in our house (and they don't make it out alive!). I'm visiting from BFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! I'm visiting from BFS! A pain...but kinda cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not mundane in my neck of the woods! I wouldn't want them in my house either though! My oddest visitor was a half tame blackbird - who came in at the front door of our cottage almost weekly when we first moved in. We haven't seen him for several years now so we think nature may have taken its course - he was cute though - and I miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not mundane here! The only visitors we get are the occasional mouse or frog and they seem to have been invited in by the cats (ie, carried in as a present for me!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy, we have an old avocado tree in the yard as well and it gives huge avocado's every other year. Luckily I live in an area in the Cape where I am far from the monkeys as they can be very naughty!
    Hugs
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete