Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Women's Day

Here in South Africa it is Women's Day today. So, happy Women's Day to all my South African friends. And those who are not South African, Happy Women's Day anyway!

On another, sadder note, my heart just breaks for those in London and other areas who have been affected by the rioting. We have been watching it on TV and it just looks horrific. The worst seems to be, that whilst some people may have genuine grievances they seem to be mainly worried about stealing and just general mayhem. I hope that it gets resolved soon and that people are able to put their lives together somehow.

1 comment:

  1. Happy woman's day to you too. It's sad to say but I don't think issues are involved in the rioting anymore, it's pure vandalism and greed. Some have turned into pack animals. It breaks my heart to see my wonderful city being treated this way.

    ReplyDelete