Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The summer of colour


I saw this challenge on the web the other day and thought I would join in. I was originally thinking of doing pages in my art journal, but have decided to leave my options open and will probably see what each colour inspires me to do. This weeks theme was green, and I immediately thought of this little candle holder. I bought it a few years ago at a fair with the intention of altering it. When I got it home I was told by my mum to hide it, turns out that was what my daughters class were doing for our Christmas presents! (Not sure what happens elsewhere, but here each child makes a gift for Christmas, Valentines day etc for their parents) As a result, this little tree languished in a cupboard for a few years until I found it a few weeks ago.
I decided to decorate it to match the other one. Painted it green first, then glittered the stars. At this point I had some very enthusiastic help so they are a bit overdone. Then did the snow on the branches, this was painted with puff paint.  Unfortunately, either I left the paint to dry too long or it is old, but it didn't puff up as I would have liked. Then I added the gems and then Dimensional Magic to the whole thing and a little bit of white glitter to the tree, although you can't really see it in this picture.

Sorry about the poor photo, but unfortunately it is winter here and although we dont really have cold winters it is quite wet lately and as a result cant take my photos outside as I normally do. I will try and replace it as I go.

3 comments:

  1. oh this looks great hun love all the snow you have added to the tree hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy! I'm so happy you decided to join in The Summer of Color! Your tree is great - and perfect for the color green. You and your enthusiastic help must have been on the same page that year when you both got those candles! And I love the gold stars - I believe that there's no such thing as too much glitter ;) Looking forward to next week, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A picture of your helpers would be a nice touch..thanks for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete