Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Five Question Friday



And Friday rolls around again. Having spent the entire day watching the "Royal Wedding" I am a bit late getting this up. What a lovely wedding it was too.

1. If you could buy any car, money not an option, what would it be?
I would love a convertible BMW, cant remember the model, lol, but it is the one my sister drives. I just love it.


2. What was your worst first date ever?
Well, this was a blind date, but it never went any further than that. It was supposed to be a double date with my friend and her boyfriend, but they pulled out less than half an hour before. I arrived at the restaurant (one where Ioften went with friends and their kids on a Sunday) and the guy firstly was looking very scruffy. Then he spent his whole time implying that I was very wealthy. I dont know if he was trying to get me to pay for his meal or what, but it got a bit tired after a while. He kept hanging over the balcony and saying: "Which one of these flashy cars is yours?" Or, "I guess you earn a big salary" I found this incredibly annoying. Then he told me that he had two children and only got on with one. At first, I thought Ok, sometimes you have a clash with one. (They were both under 10 though) He then went on to tell me all about that child and in the end basically said that he didnt love the other one. But the cherry on the cake was when a stripper came out and stripped naked in front of the table next to us! At that point I just went home. Needless to say I never saw him again.

3. How old were you when you fell in love for the first time?
In honour of the Royal wedding today I will tell you a story about the last one, lol. Bear with me I am getting to the love part. I watched Charles and Dianas wedding (1981) in our school hall and was absolutely enthralled. That was the time where I first discovered Prince Edward and fell desperately in love with him. I wrote him a letter telling him all about myself and received a letter back, obviously written by a secretary but signed by him. Well, I was in raptures and decided that he obviously felt the same way about me. (I was 9 at the time, this is my only defence) My mother, to my eternal gratitude did not allow me to write a letter pouring my soul out and proposing marriage, lol. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) I eventually realised that this was really an unattainable romance and found boys who lived closer to me, lol.
As far as proper love goes, I was 20, although I had had some casual boyfriends before then. But, at 20 I met a guy called Derek who I was desperately in love with for about 6 months until he chatted up my best friend at my birthday party!

4. When was the last time you reconciled your checkbook?
I dont actually have a checkbook these days, lol. However, I check my balances on my accounts pretty much daily on the internet. Please note, this does not mean that I actually stick to any form of budget, just that I check my balances.

5. If you were going to fashion a "Wanted" Ad for a best friend, how would you word it?
Mother of 1 seeks best friend, sense of humour essential. Must be prepared to put up with nonsense, and my forgetful, untidy nature. Must be prepared to accept phone calls late at night since that is when I remember to phone people. However, be my friend, we will have fun and I promise to be fiercely loyal in return.

2 comments: