Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Five Question Friday



And so Friday rolls around again...........
Here are my answers to the five questions

1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?


Definitely my temper which is fiery to say the least. (I would never hit anyone though)

2. Write about a time when you got lost.
To be honest, I have an amazing sense of direction and have never actually got lost, I have always got some idea of where I am in relation to where I want to be if that makes sense. I dont mean to sound concieted, but I have been told I am as good as a GPS, lol. However the following time, although I wasnt really lost I was getting a bit anxious. I was at Hluhluwe game reserve with a friend, in fact it was our last morning and we were on the way out of the park. Brenda was with us, about 5 years old at the time. She was desperate to see elephant and we hadn't seen an Elephant as yet. So, when we passed a road which said river loop, we decided to take it thinking we would come back to the road we started on. So, I turned off on this road and started driving, and driving, and driving. After a while, we came upon a whole herd of buffalo which we stopped to look at. Then we started driving and driving and driving. It just carried on and on and on and seemed to be going nowhere. We couldnt see anything and the bush was so dense that we couldnt turn around. It was also incredibly hot and we were very thirsty and fed up. After nearly 2 hours of driving we came across a dry river bed which we had to drive across. I of course, stalled the car in the middle, started it up and then the tires got stuck in the sand! I was very worried by this time, but stopped the car, said a few prayers, calmed down a little bit and tried again. Miraculously we made it out and shortly thereafter found a place to turn back, and thankfully made it over the river bed with no problem. I think it was one of the scariest times I have had, not that I thought we were in physical danger, but I was worried of us all dehydrating in the car. When we got to the gate we asked the guard who told us that apparently it used to be a loop which met the main road, but now it was blocked off. We told him to change the sign!
3. Camping or 5 star hotel?

Both, depending on where you are going to. I love camping, especially the freedom of being able to do what you want, but I also love the luxury of a 5 star hotel and being pampered.
4. Have you donated blood?

Nope, but I have tried numerous times and every time they have turned me away. I had some health issues as a child, which makes them reluctant to take my blood, although I have a doctors letter saying I can. Whenever they have decided they will take my blood, I have been anaemic!
5. Do you have a budget or do you 'fly by' most months?

Well, I draw up a budget each month which lasts me as long as it takes to pay my bills. Thereafter I am pretty much a "fly by" kinda gal. I do make sure that I pay everything though.

No comments:

Post a Comment