Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

Wishing all my friends and family a happy and prosperous 2016

2015 ended on a quiet note here. Brenda had  a few friends over for a sleepover. It was a bit of a bittersweet night since they are all turning 18 in the next few months, and I am sure that next year they will not want to spend New Years at home. Life is definitely changing.  We didn't do much, just had pizza, chips etc and stayed up to watch the fireworks and have champagne at midnight. Having spent the last 5 New Years in Johannesburg I can definitely say that Durban has a lot more fireworks than Johburg. The girls of course, stayed up long after I went to bed, and Brenda only got up at midday.

Today was quiet, apart from a trip to the shops to exchange the scale that I bought yesterday that was not working.
I spent the day doing the obligatory reflecting on what I want to achieve for this year, as well as setting up my planner for the year. So, what I want to achieve for the year is:'

  • complete sky blanket 2016
  • eat healthier
  • read 50 books
  • plan my meals and make a concerted effort to keep some organisation in the freezer so that we actually eat what is in there!

The first square for sky blanket is complete. Partly cloudy - although it did seriously threaten to be stormy, but nothing came of it.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, they may leave, but they will often come back. This New Year's Eve was a joint party with parents and 21-year olds. We gave them plenty of space, but we all enjoy each other's company enough that it worked out.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete